Ask for Quils project report
Anyone can start quail farming just with Rs.10,000
The following factors, which made quail farming as economically viable and technically feasible.
- Very short generation interval
- Quails are very robust to diseases
- No vaccination is required
- Low space requirement(200 sq cm.)
- Easy to handle
- Early maturity marketing age with in 4th week.
- Very high laying intensity- female starts laying at an age of 42 days and reach to peak production by 10-12 weeks of age.
- Quail Farming- Important Aspects
Quail farming is a project of livestock sector, in which, the day old chicks are raised on high protein feed for a period of 28 days
Quail has been identified worldwide as a laboratory animal because of its salient characteristics that include rapid growth, early sex maturity, short generation interval and prolificacy in egg production.
Japanese quail [Coturnix Japanica] has been introduced in some countries as an alternative avian species in the progressing of poultry industry to mitigate chronic protein deficiency
Domesticated quails differ from wild Coturnix Japanica, which are protected under the Wild Life (Protection) Act
Quail meat has less fat and fewer calories, forming an ideal food for health conscious consumers. Quail eggs and meat are renowned for being rich in vitamins, essential amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids and phospholipids, which are vital for human physical and mental development
The shelf life of quail eggs and meat can be enhanced by preserving the products as
egg and meat packed in plastic pouches
Quail can be used for the production of cutlets, fingers, noodles, soup powder and egg puff.